Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Alina's birthday

Alina turned 4 on Sunday. Because it was her first real birthday party, we celebrated with friends and lots and lots of pink. Pink cake, pink balloons, pink table cloth... pink everywhere. What struck me was she didn't know what to do with the cake when we put it before her with the candles burning and started singing. She just looked at me. So I had to show her how to blow the candles out. She did know what to do with the big plate of cake and ice cream we gave to her though. All the kids were on a sugar high!

Well in keeping with the theme of this blog, some highlights of the week...

Every night we settle into the living room to watch a show, sometimes Scooby Doo, sometimes American Idol or Extreme Home Makeover. Whatever the show, Noah always gets everyone their own blanket so they are comfortable. Last week Noah was all settled in a chair when he realized he didn't have a blanket and was cold. He said "I need someone to get me a blanket, every night I get everyone blankets and now someone needs to get me one!!!" Caleb gets up and looks and Noah and say "ok" then disappears into their bedroom for a minute. Finally Caleb comes walking back into the living room carrying a stack of blankets, piled high up over his head. He stops right in front of Noah's chair and then opens his arms and dumps them right no Noah "There" he says "were even".

Caleb is having a very minor issue regarding keeping his underpants clean/dry. Not a big deal, but it sometimes drives me crazy. The other day after another VERY minor accident I said to him "Caleb, you need to work on this". He looked me right in the face and said "Mom, maybe you should work on loving me the way I am. This is how God made me." Really, what was I going to say to that?!?!?!? All I could think of was "Okay, we'll now both have things to work on"

No comments:

Post a Comment